1. Words are provisional. Ideas, as expressed, are words and so provisional. Prometheanism fails; so does relativism. All control is illusion.
2. Still, we concretize our parochial thinking. The sand is stone to us on one side; stone is sand upon the other.
3. They are lying. Some of us are good. Some of us care about you. But some of us turn into they and vice versa.
4. One morning Josef K woke to discover someone had been telling lies about him.
5. Nationalism is a murdering identity. Someone is always worthy of eradication. "Exterminate the brutes!"
6. Lincoln was a politician and all his actions and speeches were designed to facilitate his assent to higher and higher office.
7. States dominate by any means the population of "citizens." School is one of these means. Language rules another.
8. Someone is always making money off of you.
9. Literature opens and deepens the self (the face of "you") and makes possible an abstract apprehension of empathy. This is reflection.
10. Informational texts are instructions for doing. Doing has outdone us.
11. War is a monumental crime against moral responsibility. It is never glorious. It is always a disgrace.
12. Cultural Literacy is a pretty phrase for ideological bigotry. It is a way to violence.