1) Charter schools allow corporate foundations and billionaires to impose a draconisn kind of paternalism on economically disadvantaged children who are thought to be in need of cultural and moral repair.
2) Charter schools allow for the imposition of schedules, curriculums, and behavioral control techniques that are not subject to public scrutiny.
3) Charter schools are cheaper because they reduce teacher salaries, health benefits, learning materials, and retirement plans.
4) Charter schools make it easier to segregate schools based on race, economics, gender, and ability.
5) Charter schools allow for dumping of problem students, special education students, ELL students, and those whose behaviors or academic abilities do not meet brand expectations.
6) Charter schools reduce teacher professionalism and job security, thus making them cheaper and easier to control.
7) Charter schools put education decision-making and control in the hands of unelected executives.
8) Charter schools require minimal public investment in building and transportation infrastructure.
9) Charter schools make for easier to ignore and hide problems related to poverty by focusing on a small number of schools with high test scores.
10) Charter schools (not for profit types) allow corporations and foundations to reap tax benefits and real estate bonanzas.
11) Charter schools (for profit types) expand business opportunities for profiteers of the education-industrial complex.
12) Charter schools make it possible to move state tax dollars from urban charters and use the savings to enrich suburban public schools.