ht to Stan Karp:
“Journey for Justice” is a national campaign against school closings led by parents, youth and community activists. Supporters from more than a dozen states, including NJ, will head to Washington, DC this Thursday and Friday to highlight this issue and the need for alternative models of school improvement and transformation. Details and contact info below.
Journey for Justice 2012
The Ride for Education Justice
September 20-21 2012, Washington, D.C.
Rally @ Central Office for District of Columbia Public Schools
March to U.S. Department of Education and Rally
Rally @ Congressional Black Caucus Convention
Youth Listening Session with Congressional Youth Caucus
What We Want:
• Support For Community Models Of School Improvement
• A Process For School Transformation That Engages Parents And Community on the Front End!
• A National Moratorium On All School Closings, Turnarounds, Phase-Outs and Co-Locations.
• A Meeting with President Obama.
• A Federal Hearing on the Impact of the Impact of These Policies.
Johnnie Lattner 973 855-7329 Newark
Sharon Smith 973 336-8426 Newark
Lorenzo Richardson 201 240-4712 Jersey City
Bro Burns 973 460-4682 Paterson
Email : email@example.com
WHO’S RIDING WITH US SO FAR?
District of Columbia
Kansas City, MO