Wisdom by Mark Naison:
- It's leader calls himself/herself a CEO.
- The CEO's salary is more than three times the salary of the highest paid teacher in the school.
- The board of the school is full of hedge fund executives [or corporate directors].
- Teachers in the school are terrorized and students treated as though they were in prison or on the verge of being sent to prison.
- The construction company who built the school is owned by a relative of a politician or a powerful community organization.
- The school teaches that those who practice some of the world's great religions are heading straight to hell.
- The school drives out students who are discipline problems or don't test well.
- The school accepts a co-location with a public school and then tells its teachers and students not to talk to anyone in the other school.