Rather than an oppressive and manipulative engine for capitalist accumulation, schools should function as centers of creativity and imagination where an ethos of democratic life is grounded upon cultural inclusiveness, social justice and economic democracy.—Professor Antonia Darder
A few items discussing school board and other races happening in Los Angeles…
- United Way Greater Los Angeles is the best public relations firm that Eli Broad has ever hired
- Want the best turnout of candidates? Hold community, rather than corporate, LAUSD debate forums!
- Statement on Gates and Broad Foundation funded United Way Greater Los Angeles running LAUSD forums
- Occupy United Way!
- NCTQ's LAUSD report's highly questionable veracity shows Bill Gates' pervasiveness and perniciousness
- School Board and Other Local Races
- Stop corporate charter school greed, stop Ref Rodriguez!
- Corporate education reform privatizer Tamar Galatzan's greatest neoliberal hits at LAUSD
- A reader asks about Marqueece Harris-Dawson and Community Coalition's education record
- Look who is running for school board in Los Angeles: Filiberto Gonzalez
- Antonio Villaraigosa: The Myth of The Progressive Mayor
Majored in Self-Colonization Studies, or hold a MA in Applied Respectability Politics? The Non-Profit Industrial Complex (NPIC) may have a job for you!